What We Believe
Bethany is a group of people who share a common belief. We believe that
every person is special and that we all have purpose and meaning in life.
We also believe that the meaning and purpose that each of us has can only
be found in God our Creator. When we get reconnected with Him, we find
our original created intent and thus true happiness and contentment.
The principles that help us live fulfilled lives are found in the Bible.
It points us to God, in whom our lives find completeness.
Below are some truths that give purpose to life.
Our Statement of Faith affirms that we believe:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
How we behave...
about what we believe!
• In essential beliefs — we have UNITY.
“There is one Body and one Spirit...
there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
and one God and Father of us all...”
• In non-essential beliefs — we have LIBERTY .
“Accept him whose faith is weak,
without passing judgment on disputable matters...
Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?
To his own master he stands or falls...
So then each of us will give an account of himself to God...
So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.”
• In all our beliefs — we show CHARITY.
“...If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge
but also the very secrets of God,
and if I have the faith that can move mountains—
but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.”
1 Cor. 13:2 (Phillips)
Bethany - A Place of New Beginnings
763 N. Sunset Avenue (at Badillo)
West Covina, CA 91790-1298